Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by "Moore, Andrew" <An...@RedPrairie.com> on 2008/08/06 01:46:23 UTC

Adding security-role to application.xml

Hi, I'm new to both Ruby and Builder.
I'm trying to port our years-old code base over Builder and emulate
the current ear file our old system packages.

Our currently created application.xml file has some extra attributes
and elements in it, namely the 'id' on the <application> element, and
the <security-role> element. As an example:

<application id="OurCompany_EAR">
    <display-name>OurCompany</display-name>
        <module id="OurCompany_WAR">
            <web>
                <web-uri>ourcompany.war</web-uri>
                <context-root>/ourcompany</context-root>
            </web>
        </module>
        <module id="sp3-framework-ejb-jar">
            <ejb>ourcompany-ejb.jar</ejb>
        </module>
        <security-role id="OurCompanyUsers-role">
                <description>OurCompany Application Users</description>
                <role-name>OurCompanyUsers</role-name>
        </security-role>
    </display>
</application>

I'm wondering if there is a fairly easy, straight forward way of adding
either of these (mostly the <security-role> as I don't think we're using
the <application id="">) to the application.xml file that is created when
packaging an ear?

I have yet to find any documentation related to modifying or customizing
what ends up in the application.xml file.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Andrew Moore

This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). Opinions expressed are solely those of the author and may not be those of RedPrairie. Content is not to be relied upon by any person other than the addressee(s), without prior written approval of RedPrairie. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately, destroy any copies and delete from your computer systems.
If you have received this e-mail in error, any use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying is strictly prohibited.
Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defects which might affect any computer or IT system into which they are received, no responsibility is accepted by RedPrairie for any loss or damage arising in any way from the receipt or use therein.

Re: Adding security-role to application.xml

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Moore, Andrew
<An...@redprairie.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to both Ruby and Builder.
> I'm trying to port our years-old code base over Builder and emulate
> the current ear file our old system packages.
>
> Our currently created application.xml file has some extra attributes
> and elements in it, namely the 'id' on the <application> element, and
> the <security-role> element. As an example:
>
> <application id="OurCompany_EAR">
>    <display-name>OurCompany</display-name>
>        <module id="OurCompany_WAR">
>            <web>
>                <web-uri>ourcompany.war</web-uri>
>                <context-root>/ourcompany</context-root>
>            </web>
>        </module>
>        <module id="sp3-framework-ejb-jar">
>            <ejb>ourcompany-ejb.jar</ejb>
>        </module>
>        <security-role id="OurCompanyUsers-role">
>                <description>OurCompany Application Users</description>
>                <role-name>OurCompanyUsers</role-name>
>        </security-role>
>    </display>
> </application>
>
> I'm wondering if there is a fairly easy, straight forward way of adding
> either of these (mostly the <security-role> as I don't think we're using
> the <application id="">) to the application.xml file that is created when
> packaging an ear?
>
> I have yet to find any documentation related to modifying or customizing
> what ends up in the application.xml file.

Not yet, I'm afraid, but it doesn't look too complicated to add.  Do
you mind filing an issue for this?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR

Assaf