Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Daniel Spicar <da...@trialox.org> on 2012/05/07 13:30:03 UTC

Community Development Plan (Was: Report due on Wednesday)

Good Points Tommaso,

I extracted the discussion to its own thread in hope of raising some
attention for the others to join in.

So far I see a couple of categories of propositions:

1. Improving awareness of Clerezza:
 - "Powered by Clerezza" page.
 - Targetting specific communities that Clerezza or parts of it may be
suited for, e.g. researchers
 - Get involved in GSoC or similar projects.

2. Making working with Clerezza easier for users:
 - More and better Documentation.
 - Better source tree structure

Daniel

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

2012/5/11 florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>

> +1
> Good plan.
> May also think about participation of the ApacheCon Eu this year.

> Maybe a /demo or /5-minutes svn folder to show clerezza power to the
> newbie ?

big +1, I should be there as well, we can discuss here what we'd like to
show/highlight.

> I don't want to restart the flame war, but do we keep the actual system
> for website or go to apache's cms ?

I tried to update the website recently but I got some errors again so I put
that activity on hold for now.
I think we should try to make website update smarter, by improving our
system or via Apache CMS.

Regards,
Tommaso

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.
+1

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org
> wrote:

> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > ...I think the following for components are likely to be used
> independently of
> > webfrontend and authentication:
> >
> > 1. RDF stuff: core + uitilities
> > 2. RDF-Scala
> > 3. Scala Based Shell
> > 4. ScalaServerPages
> >
> > 4 depends on 2 which in turn depends on 1.
> >
> > How could we best make this modules easy to be integrated into any OSGi
> app?...
>
> Isn't it enough just to release and document them separately?

ok created CLEREZZA-710 for this.

Cheers,
Reto

Re: Community Development Plan (Was: Report due on Wednesday)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I think the following for components are likely to be used independently of
> webfrontend and authentication:
>
> 1. RDF stuff: core + uitilities
> 2. RDF-Scala
> 3. Scala Based Shell
> 4. ScalaServerPages
>
> 4 depends on 2 which in turn depends on 1.
>
> How could we best make this modules easy to be integrated into any OSGi app?...

Isn't it enough just to release and document them separately?
A "reusable components" section on the web site could point people to
those modules, and OSGi/Java users are supposed to know how to reuse
bundles/jars.

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
I agree that it is important to emphasise the clerezza modules and how they
can be used independently.

Not sure if obr or karaf might be use to make modulewise adaptation easier.

I think the following for components are likely to be used independently of
webfrontend and authentication:

1. RDF stuff: core + uitilities
2. RDF-Scala
3. Scala Based Shell
4. ScalaServerPages

4 depends on 2 which in turn depends on 1.

How could we best make this modules easy to be integrated into any OSGi app?

Cheers,
Reto

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.