Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by shyama <Se...@wipro.com> on 2005/03/22 06:44:12 UTC

pbm reg:Client-cert authentication

Hi ,

I installed a trial-client-cert , but iam facing an error while
accessing my secured .jsp ,.Appreciate if any one can help us in
resolving this issue.

Here are the steps which I followed after installing the trial

client-cert:

Webserver: Tomcat

1) included an option called -auth in my httpd.config file

2) accessed the secure webserver's home page( < <https:///> https://>

:port">https://<host-name>:port) and got the value of the variable
HTTPS_CLIENT_SUBJECT and provided the same under <username> in
tomcat-users.xml file

2) included <auth-name>, <realm-name>in web.xml file

3) accessed the jsp under secure directory

4) the below error has been reported:

HTTP Status 400 - No client certificate chain in this request

Type : Status report

Message : No Client certificate chain in this request Description : The
request sent by the client was syntactically in correct(No client
certificate chain in this request)

NonStop Servlets For JavaServer Pages

Please help me by giving any information which i might have missed out.

Thanks in advance,

Shyama

Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this electronic
message and any attachments to this message are
intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s)
and may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately