Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> on 2004/04/06 00:15:31 UTC

Avalon Framework Diagram

http://www.jadetower.org/muses/images/avalon.png

Well?

---
  jaaron      <http://jadetower.org>

Re: Avalon Framework Diagram

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>>>Just for reference the picture is ok in IE6 but doesn't show in Mozilla
>>>1.6b - perhaps I need to upgrade to 1.7b.
>>
>>Doesn;t show in Konqueror either.
>

> Ooops. Now it does!

   ... and in Mozilla - Andreas just fixed something!

Steve.

Re: Avalon Framework Diagram

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Andreas Oberhack wrote:
>
>> To the drawing itself:
>>
>> I think the drawing could express more of the power of the Avalon
>> container. One should see, that 'facilities' are also pluggable
>> components and that that the 'framework' is the container, which gives
>> the contract between the two component types: application components /
>> blocks and facilities.
>

> Thinking the same thing.
>
>> A very initial picture could look like this:
>>
>> http://www.merlin.softwarefabrik.biz/docs/avalon/architecture.html
>

> No picture!
>
> :-(

Just for reference the picture is ok in IE6 but doesn't show in Mozilla
1.6b - perhaps I need to upgrade to 1.7b.

Stephen.

Re: Avalon Framework Diagram

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andreas Oberhack <de...@softwarefabrik.biz>.

can
> ride on top of that can supply us ultimately with facilities for
> *entity* components.
>
> I don't know, maybe you want to lump all this together as a block
> labelled "Persistence" under the facilities section.

I don't know in which context the picture should be used. But we should
stay in one abstraction / detail level. If you want to add persistence,
you also should probably add things like security (subject- and
code-level), presentation, workflow etc.

We also should have a very clear consensus, on how those services are
plugged together.

To the drawing itself:

I think the drawing could express more of the power of the Avalon
container. One should see, that 'facilities' are also pluggable
components and that that the 'framework' is the container, which gives
the contract between the two component types: application components /
blocks and facilities.

A very initial picture could look like this:

http://www.merlin.softwarefabrik.biz/docs/avalon/architecture.html

Andreas

Re: Avalon Framework Diagram

Posted by Timothy Bennett <ex...@comcast.net>.