Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by ron_honeyman <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/10 23:46:48 UTC

JiBX and CXF

I noticed on the CXF Roadmap
(http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Roadmap) page it references
JiBX and the possiblility that it may be in version 2.1 or may slip to
version 2.2. I was curious if anyone could tell me if it has been included
with 2.1 or not? If it has is there any documentation I could look at for
integrating with it.

Thanks

Ron Honeyman

Re: JiBX and CXF

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
No one really ended up with having the time to implement it.  :-(

Unfortunately, it hasn't really been a priority for me as none of IONA's
paying customers have even asked for it at all.  (plus, the fact many of
us have never even used JiBX at all doesn't help)    Even the xmlbeans
support is limitted right now.   I started working on it when there was
some interest, but the interested party changed to JAXB and I never
really had time to go back and do the tooling side of things as other
priorities kept popping up.

That said, if you are interested in working on it, I'd be more than happy
to help be a mentor.  Getting basic runtime support working is probably
not very hard since JiBX has stax API's already. (if I remember
correctly)  Tooling might be trickier as the only data model we have in
the tooling right now is jaxb so I'm not sure how "abstracted out" it is
yet.  (From experience, if code supposedly supports N plugins, if N==1,
there is usually something that was forgotten or not properly abstracted
to fully support the N>1 case.)

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: JiBX and CXF

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
I wouldn't say it looks very good for JiBX support--I have not heard
much demand for it lately on this list.  Axis2 has it I believe, and
Spring Web Services may be another option for you.

Glen