Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Kun Song <so...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/01 02:22:50 UTC

Can't run Kafka core from IDEA

Hi community,
I have clone the most recent Kafka source code (trunk branch), and I do the
following:
1. run ./gradlew
2. open the project in IDEA
3. copy the log4j.properties to the core/src/main/resources folder
4. add config/server.properties to the program arguments
5. add slf4j-api and slf4j-log4j12 to dependencies

but when I run kafka.Kafka, I still get the following error:
[image: 屏幕快照 2019-12-01 上午10.18.41.png]

Could someone give me some tips? Thanks you :)

Re: Can't run Kafka core from IDEA

Posted by Kun Song <so...@gmail.com>.
I have figure it out, just add this line to build.gradle:

compile libs.slf4jlog4j