Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by trebor iksrazal <ik...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/27 00:58:42 UTC

UTF-8 conversion of incomming emails

Due to internationalization issues, I have a
requirement to convert all incomming email to UTF-8
encoding. This email will be stored in a db for client
retrieval.

Where and how might one go about accomplishing this?
iksrazal

Re: UTF-8 conversion of incomming emails

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
trebor iksrazal wrote:
> Due to internationalization issues, I have a
> requirement to convert all incomming email to UTF-8
> encoding. This email will be stored in a db for client
> retrieval.
>
> Where and how might one go about accomplishing this?
> iksrazal

That sounds like a pain.  You can write a mailet that checks what
encoding is used, and if need to, rewrite the MimeParts on the
MimeMessage.  This is more a JavaMail issue (and I'm not sure how you
would address that), but you would do this within a mailet in James.

--
Serge Knystautas
President