Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mid Night <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/25 11:21:07 UTC

Undefined field problem.

Hi,

I recently added a new field (toptipp) to an existing solr schema.xml and
it worked just fine.  Subsequently I added to more fields (active_cruises
and non_grata) to the schema and now I get this error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
</response>

My solr db is populated via a program that creates and uploads a csv file.
When I view the csv file, the field "active_cruises" (given as undefined
above), is populated correctly.  As far as I can tell, when I added the
final fields to the schema, I did exactly the same as when I added
"toptipp".  I updated schema.xml and restarted solr (java -jar start.jar).

I am really at a loss here.  Can someone please help with the answer or by
pointing me in the right direction?  Naturally I'd be happy to provide
further info if needed.

Thanks
MK

Re: Undefined field problem.

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Generally, you will need to delete the index and completely reindex your
data if you change the type of a field.

I don't think that would account for active_cruise being an undefined field
though.

I did try your scenario with the Solr 4.2 example, and a field named
active_cruise, and it worked fine for me. The only issue was that existing
data (e.g., 1 in the int field) was all considered as boolean false after I
changed the schema and restarted.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
unless you're manually typing things and did a typo, your problem is that
your csv file defines:

active_cruises
and your schema has
active_cruise