Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by George Papamarkos <g....@dcs.bbk.ac.uk> on 2003/02/21 15:51:44 UTC

Urgent Help Please !!!

Dear all,
	I have as many others I see, the problem with XUpdate (XML:DB Exception
occured 1 Query Processing Error) but although I did all these that are
described in the threads I still cannot solve the problem.
I am developing a system for my University and I am pressed to finish a part
as soon as possible, can some of you PLEEASE  post a working "startup.bat"
file plus any command line parameters that I may be need in order to manage,
at last, to run some Xupdate?
(I am working in Windows2000 and JDK 1.3.1). I know that this topic has been
discussed a lot of times but .... some times the things do not work as
expected.

I'd appriciate any help because I really need it this time.

THANKS IN ADVENCE

George

Re: Urgent Help Please !!!

Posted by Vijay Murthi <vi...@omega.uta.edu>.
BTW, You may not be able to use XUpdate on the official release 'cuz
this "XUpdate" was a bug that got fixed and checked back to CVS around
December 2002. If you need XUpdate to work, you might as well have to
pull the latest code from CVS

Correct me if I am wrong!

-Vijay

Re: Urgent Help Please !!!

Posted by Vijay Murthi <vi...@omega.uta.edu>.
Even I was faced with the same issue, but with Linux.

Try the following using  Java 1.4:

(*) Pull the Code off the current CVS
(*) Build them to create Xindice WAR file (i.e., xindice servlet)
(*) Deploy the servlet using Tomcat (or) jetty servlet runner. If you
don't have a servlet runner already deploy them using a standalone
version of Tomcat.

Then you may use XMLRPC to talk to the database for transactions
including XUpdate.