Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Echerer <me...@tngtech.com> on 2004/10/12 14:17:48 UTC

Tapestry.fireObservedChange() question

Hi,

can somebody explain what fireObservedChange() is to be used for?

As far as I understand you must call it, when changing persistent properties
outside of the rewind phase. Is that true?

Why do you need to provide the "newValue" of the property? Isn't it enough to
tell "which" property of a component was changed, because setting the property
could be done by the normal setProperty() method before firing the change
notification.
To me it looks like you have to "set" the property value twice. With the
setProperty method and the fire method.

Hope someone can bring some light to this.

Cheers,
Michael

Re: Tapestry.fireObservedChange() question

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
fireObservedChange sends a property change event to the page's page
recorder; this utlimately results in the value being stored in the
HttpSession.

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:17:48 +0200, Michael Echerer <me...@tngtech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can somebody explain what fireObservedChange() is to be used for?
>
> As far as I understand you must call it, when changing persistent properties
> outside of the rewind phase. Is that true?
>
> Why do you need to provide the "newValue" of the property? Isn't it enough to
> tell "which" property of a component was changed, because setting the property
> could be done by the normal setProperty() method before firing the change
> notification.
> To me it looks like you have to "set" the property value twice. With the
> setProperty method and the fire method.
>
> Hope someone can bring some light to this.
>
> Cheers,
> Michael

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Contrib Library

Posted by Norbert Sándor <pr...@hotmail.com>.
<library id="contrib"
specification-path="/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/Contrib.library"/>

Use

<component id="contrib:Palette" .....

in your components.

Norbi

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
If that's not working the likely culrprit may be that you haven't
named your application file properly.  It is given the same name as
the servlet, so it's often "app.application".

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:25:14 -0300, James Sherwood
<js...@romulin.com> wrote:
> I have tried that:
>
> <component id="selectBoards" type="Contrib:Palette"></component>
>
> but I get the error:
>
> Error   Component 'Palette' not found in Contrib.
>
> Any ideas?

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind