Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com> on 2010/03/30 15:41:42 UTC

[VOTE] Move Vysper out of sandbox

Hi everyone,

Vysper came from Labs to the MINA sandbox.

Meanwhile, we were able to improve the codebase, but it's clear we're
not where we would like to be.
We identified that the areas documentation, javadoc and website need more work.

On the plus side, we were able to complete the first release of Vysper
a few hours ago.

However, I think it's time to promote Vysper out of sandbox, so I call
for a vote:

[ ] +1, move Vysper out of the sandbox
[ ] +-0, I'm not sure, playing in the sand can be great fun sometimes
[ ] -1, Vysper is not ready yet, leave this strange stanza-emitting
machine where it belongs

The vote will not close before 2010-04-07T12:00 UTC, due to the
upcoming holidays in some parts of the world.

Thanks for voting,

  Bernd

Re: [VOTE] Move Vysper out of sandbox

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
[X ] +1, move Vysper out of the sandbox

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

>> [X] +1, move Vysper out of the sandbox
>>

> And when it's done, let's bring the champagne !

+1,

I am going to miss the champagne :(
but will celebrate. Happy B'day Vysper :)

Re: [VOTE] Move Vysper out of sandbox

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
> [X] +1, move Vysper out of the sandbox

And when it's done, let's bring the champagne !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: [FAIL] Move Vysper out of sandbox

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:22, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> svn mv -m "moving Vysper out of sandbox to MINA proper"
>>       http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/sandbox/vysper/
>>       http:/  /svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/
>>

> Done.
>
> When you commit, remember to use https...

F...! :-)
ok, I'll try to remember next time ;-)

Thanks anyway,

  Bernd

Re: [FAIL] Move Vysper out of sandbox

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
Executing
  svn mv -m "moving Vysper out of sandbox to MINA proper"
      http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/sandbox/vysper/
      http:/ /svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/
gives me
  svn: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response
  to MKACTIVITY request for
  '/repos/asf/!svn/act/d9a81983-e172-4bde-ae55-92378171db34'

Can somebody else give it a try, please?

  Bernd

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Move Vysper out of sandbox

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
Niklas, can you do that for Hudson?
I don't have Hudson karma yet.
I think it's critical to do change Hudson and svn mv close together to
avoid too many of these lovely failure msgs.

I would update the docs then.

  Bernd

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
The vote passes with 7 +1s and no other votes. Thanks for voting!

Just to check, I should be executing
svn mv  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/sandbox/vysper/
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/

right?

  Bernd

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Move Vysper out of sandbox

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Move Vysper out of sandbox

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Le Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:41:42 +0200,
Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com> a écrit :

> Hi everyone,
>
> Vysper came from Labs to the MINA sandbox.
>
> Meanwhile, we were able to improve the codebase, but it's clear we're
> not where we would like to be.
> We identified that the areas documentation, javadoc and website need
> more work.
>
> On the plus side, we were able to complete the first release of Vysper
> a few hours ago.
>
> However, I think it's time to promote Vysper out of sandbox, so I call
> for a vote:
>
> [ ] +1, move Vysper out of the sandbox
> [ ] +-0, I'm not sure, playing in the sand can be great fun sometimes
> [ ] -1, Vysper is not ready yet, leave this strange stanza-emitting
> machine where it belongs
>
> The vote will not close before 2010-04-07T12:00 UTC, due to the
> upcoming holidays in some parts of the world.
>
> Thanks for voting,
>
>   Bernd

+1
keep up the good work.