Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/13 18:54:56 UTC

deployment order of artifacts inside an ear file

If I have a rar and a couple of wars inside of an ear, is there any
way to specify the deployment order of each artifact? this is
necessary if my wars depend on the rar being deployed first to
establish a datasource. I don't want to deploy everything piecemeal
and manually.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: deployment order of artifacts inside an ear file

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 4/13/05, David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com> wrote:
> IIRC there is no solution for this at the moment.  I think you need to
> deploy the rar separately, first.  The plan is to use anonymous
> dependencies (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-512) to
> deal with this.

Thanks for pointing this out, David. I've added a comment to the JIRA issue.

Bruce
);'

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.
IIRC there is no solution for this at the moment.  I think you need to
deploy the rar separately, first.  The plan is to use anonymous
dependencies (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-512) to
deal with this.

thanks
david jencks