Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Manuel Simoni <ms...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/11 15:14:03 UTC

Choice of C vs C++ library for Avro in Node.js

Hi everybody,

I'm now at the point where I'm comfortable starting to implement Avro
for Node.js.
(The repo has moved to https://github.com/collectivemedia/node-avro )

One thing I'm not sure about is which Avro library, the C or the C++
one, to use.

First, I'm not a big C++ guru; second, I have the hunch that adding C
code to C++ code (Node), may be easier than trying to combine two C++
code bases (integrating different memory management approaches of the
C++ codes is my biggest concern - I feel quite comfortable with using
Avro C's reference counting.)

Any thoughts on whether it's crazy to use the C library for adding Avro to Node?

Thanks in advance,
Manuel