Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu> on 2016/07/27 22:32:52 UTC

Guacamole username vs RDP username?

Hi

I’m working on custom auth. provider. The provider takes URL with hostname&username&password and then connects to RDP session on hostname provided in URL. Everything seems be working fine, but I’m not able to connect to more then one hostname in my case - I always connect to 1st session even when I supply different hostname parameter in URL.

The guacamole log files indicates that guacamole username and RDP username is the same (guac’s using username from config.setParameter("username", username) - the same as RDP).

I thought if I could use different usernames for guacamole authentication and RDP auth then I should be able to open multiple RDP sessions for the same RDP username.

Is it possible to use different username for guac. auth - not the same  ‘username’ for RDP connection? Or treat every connection as a new session, even if RDP username is the same?

Thank you,
--
Dmitri Chebotarov
ITS/SSG @ GMU

FYI: Windows 10 RDP Sec. Layer

Posted by Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu>.
FYI

I was having some issue connecting to Windows 10 RDP session.
Figured out 'Security Layer’ needs to be ‘RDP’ on target computer :

gpedit.msc, Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Security/Require use of specific security layer for remote (RDP) connections

I couldn’t connect with SSL (TLS) either, even when ‘security’=‘tls’ for RDP protocol property.

Thank you,
--
Dmitri Chebotarov
ITS/SSG @ GMU
223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5 [https://goo.gl/maps/w2nCJ6APrHC2]
Phone: (703) 993-6175 | Fax: (703) 993-3404
Public key: [https://goo.gl/SlE8tj]

Re: Guacamole username vs RDP username?

Posted by Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu>.
Here is workaround for this issue:

- set 'api-session-timeout: 1’ in guacamole.properties file;
- wait at least 1 min between switching from PC A to PC B (let session expire);

Thank you,

Posted by Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu>.

Posted by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com>.
Dimitri