Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org> on 2006/11/20 23:06:48 UTC

Re: Zone machine move causing SpamAssassin DNS outage, fyi

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 12:24:28PM -0800, Paul Querna wrote:
> >I was noticing that my nightly rsync run was complaining that it couldn't
> >resolve "rsync.spamassassin.org".  After a little digging, it turns
> >out that all the public servers return SERVFAIL for queries, and then I
[...]
> Should we consider moving this DNS to be hosted using the same setup as
> *.apache.org?

Hi Paul,

We had a whole discussion about this setup last year, and decided it'd be
better to keep spamassassin.org separate so that we (SA PMC) can make changes
quickly, since the domain is used for testing and updates.

I really just wanted to throw out a mail about the issue since everyone,
including myself, forgot about this in relation to the helios move.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
All left-handed people, please raise your right hand!