Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gian Maria Ricci - aka Alkampfer <al...@nablasoft.com> on 2016/01/11 16:08:42 UTC

WArning in SolrCloud logs

I’ve configured three node in solrcloud, everything seems ok, but in the log I see this kind of warning

SolrCloud is enabled for core xxx_shard3_replica1 but so is old-style replication. Make sure you intend this behavior,​ it usually indicates a mis-configuration. Master setting is true and slave setting is false

What could be the reason? Is it possible that this happens because solrconfig.xml used to create the collection has a replication handler active?

--
Gian Maria Ricci
Cell: +39 320 0136949

 <http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/Gian%20Maria%20Ricci-4025635>   <http://www.linkedin.com/in/gianmariaricci>   <https://twitter.com/alkampfer>   <http://feeds.feedburner.com/AlkampferEng>

RE: WArning in SolrCloud logs

Posted by Gian Maria Ricci - aka Alkampfer <al...@nablasoft.com>.
Perfect, I'll remove the block and check if the warning will be gone.

Thanks.

--
Gian Maria Ricci
Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <ab...@apache.org>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <ab...@apache.org>.

--
--------------------------

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 1/11/2016 8:08 AM, Gian Maria Ricci - aka Alkampfer wrote:

> I've configured three node in solrcloud, everything seems ok, but in
> the log I see this kind of warning
>

> SolrCloud is enabled for core xxx_shard3_replica1 but so is old-style
> replication. Make sure you intend this behavior,​ it usually indicates
> a mis-configuration. Master setting is true and slave setting is false

> What could be the reason? Is it possible that this happens because
> solrconfig.xml used to create the collection has a replication handler
> active?

The message is being logged because the solrconfig.xml file for the
collection includes an explicit replication handler definition, most
likely with a name of "/replication".  If your Solr version is new
enough, you do not need to define the replication handler in your
configuration -- it will be automatically configured.

The message is a warning.  If SolrCloud is working, then you can put it
on a list to look at later ... but be sure you DO look at it later, and
remove the explicit config once you're on a new enough version.  I think
5.0 includes the implicit handlers, so any 5.x version is new enough.
The configs included with 5.x would not have this handler, so I think
you must be using configs based on examples for an older version of Solr.

Thanks,
Shawn