Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by PashaTurok <oo...@mail.ru> on 2016/06/09 11:02:36 UTC

Does OpenJPA work with OSGi?

The software we work on is fully on OSGi. So we need  JPA implementation
which can WELL work with OSGI. Currently we use eclipselink (2.6.3)+eclipse
gemini. The problem is that according to specs (jpa or osgi-ee ?) entities
are not supported to be in different bundles. However, the developer of
gemini said that he also doesn't understand this issue with specs and finds
it strange that's why he allowed using entities from different bundles,
although no special work was done.

So eclipselink somehow works with osgi. However, we came across the
following problem. We have two entities: ClassA and ClassB. ClassA extends
ClassB. ClassA is in one bundle, ClassB in in another bundle. We need
EntityGraph (FetchGroup). EclipseLink needs weaving for FetchGroup. However,
we couldn't make weaving (static and dynamic) work with our situation (it
doesn't support classes be in different bundles).

So the question - can OpenJPA do what we need: entity graph + osgi support
of entities?