Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Christopher Baechle <cb...@my.fau.edu> on 2015/06/08 23:30:00 UTC

PAD Term Spotter

A project I inherited uses cTAKES 2.5 and modified the PAD Term
Spotter to detect the presence of the disease we're interested in.
After searching the archives, it looks like the PAD term spotter was
removed, but I couldn't find info as to why.

I would like to migrate our code to the latest version of cTAKES. I
could just create an annotator and port the code and put it in the
pipeline, but it looks like cTAKES has had many enhancements since
2.5. I wasn't sure if a more generic disease annotator was put in
place and disease specific annotators are not a good route.

Re: PAD Term Spotter

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi Christopher,
The PAD Term Spotter hasn't been supported for over a year now [1].  It was
mostly written with specialized rules and no one had been maintaining it.
I am not sure if there are any generic diseases annotators; if you would be
willing to contribute the changes, we can incorporate it.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ctakes-user/201402.mbox/%3C6e55ab$8ci1jb@ironport10.mayo.edu%3E