Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de> on 2006/06/19 17:53:26 UTC

RemoteManager USER command

Hi,

In the RemoteManager the command USER supports switching the
UserRepository. All subsequent commands, like ADDUSER, will apply to
this current set of users. The RemoteManager is
session-oriented/stateful and thus can hold the current repository as a
state.

In JMX, AFAIK, states are not supported when calling MBean operations.

When porting the user commands to the UserManagementMBean, I can think
of the following alternatives:

a. don't support other UserRepositories than DEFAULT
b. having 1 additional parameter in all JMX operations for the
respository (which when is NULL choses DEFAULT-repository)
c. having two sets of operations, one with mandatory repository
parameter, one without the parameter (for the default repo)
d. ...other...

Which way do we go?

Currently, I am going for option a., but it is easy to change direction.

   Bernd

Re: RemoteManager USER command

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
a. +0