Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Thiruvel Thirumoolan <th...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2012/12/19 12:36:26 UTC

arc update?

Hi,

I have been trying to submit patch for HIVE-2439 through Phabricator and I keep getting the following error. Looks like arc does not have any branch and can't shift to 5. Any idea when Phabricator will be updated? Or is there a workaround I can use.

$ arc diff --jira HIVE-2439
Exception
ERR-BAD-VERSION: Your 'arc' client version is '6', which is newer than the server version, '5'. Upgrade your Phabricator install.
(Run with --trace for a full exception trace.)

Thanks!
Thiruvel

Re: arc update?

Posted by Chris Drome <cd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I ran into this problem as well when first setting up arc.
After failing to get it to work, I ended up removing the --jira argument
and update the phabricator ticket manually.

Barring a proper solution, you might try backing down to version 5 of the
client and leaving off --jira.

chris