Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Andrew E <an...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/04 01:58:22 UTC

High CPU at startup and wake

Hi all,

We use CouchDB (3.1.0) on Windows and Linux.

We have noticed that on Windows startup and wake from hibernate, Couch
sometimes "goes bananas" for a period of time.

By that I mean it shows a CPU load of >30% for 10-20 minutes on a
reasonably spec'd Windows developer laptop. After that period, erl.exe goes
to a normal "almost invisible" CPU level.

The active task list is shown as empty in Fauxton.

In Production the Windows instances are on vehicles that are not reachable
on the network for hours at a time while collecting data. They replicate to
the Linux servers when the network is present. Those computers are
underpowered compared to development laptops, which means they are barely
usable when Couch grinds like this.

Any ideas what could be going on or how to find out?

Thank you!
Andrew