Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Narayan Sabnis <n_...@hotmail.com> on 2006/12/27 06:20:31 UTC

JMeter: Windows Authentication

I am doing a performance test on an application which has windows
authentication.

HTTP Authorization manager settings
Base URL	: https://<server IP:port>/rootfolder (should this be ONLY the IP
address of server?)
Username  	: domain-name/username
Password	: domain password

HTTP Request defaults settings
Server name  : IP address
Port No	   : 80
Protocol        : https

After this, if I run the script, it pops up a dialog box for password but
doesn’t really take any action. Can somebody please provide any detailed
pointers for handling windows authentication through JMeter?

Sample flow of application for your reference
1. User opens Internet explorer and hits the URL of application
2. It pops up a windows user ID / password dialog box where user enters the
details
3. Home page of application is showed to the user
4. From there user takes flow of a standard shopping cart application.

Narayan

Re: JMeter: Windows Authentication

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 27/12/06, Narayan Sabnis <n_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am doing a performance test on an application which has windows
> authentication.

Do you mean NTLM authentication?

> HTTP Authorization manager settings
> Base URL        : https://<server IP:port>/rootfolder (should this be ONLY the IP
> address of server?)
> Username        : domain-name/username

This should be domain\username

> Password        : domain password
>
> HTTP Request defaults settings
> Server name  : IP address
> Port No    : 80

Port 80 is normally used with http, not https

> Protocol        : https
>
> After this, if I run the script, it pops up a dialog box for password but
> doesn't really take any action. Can somebody please provide any detailed
> pointers for handling windows authentication through JMeter?
>
> Sample flow of application for your reference
> 1. User opens Internet explorer and hits the URL of application
> 2. It pops up a windows user ID / password dialog box where user enters the
> details

Presumably these are the NTLM credentials it is asking for.

Posted by "Christensen, Alan" <al...@hp.com>.
The first https transaction that you attempt in a jmeter script will pop
up a password box.  The program is asking for the password for the java
keystore.  The password is "changeit".

If you go into your jmeter.properties file, you will find a line that
tells jmeter that the java keystore password is "changeit".
Unfortunately, this line is commented out in the default
jmeter.properties file.  If you uncomment this line, then jmeter will
never pop up this password dialog again.

Hope this helps.