Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Vijay Aalati <vi...@altair.com> on 2007/03/09 15:48:49 UTC

Issue developing Portlets with JSF

Hi,
I am new to Portal development and JSF as well. I am trying to use JSF
to develop a portlet on JBoss Portal Server 2.4 and when I load the
Portlet in the page I get an error which says:

javax.portlet.PortletException:
Org.apache.jasper.JasperException:Exception in JSP

And this exception points to the line in the JSP where the <f:view> tag
is defined. I have pasted the code in my JSP below. Could some one
please tell me what is wrong with it and why I am getting the error.

I am extending the GenericPortlet to write my own Portlet class. I hope
this should not be an issue, correct? Or is it that I have to ONLY use
MyFacesGenericPorlet and write my own Portlet class? I have even tried
that as well and overwrote the doView() method as I would when I extend
the GenericPortlet.

If I need to write my own Portlet extending MyFacesGenericPortlet then
could someone please give me a sample code where you might have extended
the MyFacesGenericPortlet class and written your own Portlet class so
that you are directing to different JSP pages depending on the user
request/actions from the doView() method. We don't want to use the
faces-config.xml file to configure the JSF navigation though. And there
is no Managed Beans at all.

In my own Portlet class that I wrote, I am setting the
response.setContentType("text/html"). Would this cause any issue?

Am I missing any libraries? Or is this any known issue in JBoss Portal
Server?

-------------------------------

<%@ page language="java" session="true" %>
<%@ page import = "javax.portlet.PortletSession" %>

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tld/portlet.tld" prefix="portlet" %>

<portlet:defineObjects/>

<portlet:actionURL var="loginAction">
<portlet:param name="command" value="doLogin" />
</portlet:actionURL>

<f:view>

<h2>hello</h2>
</f:view>

-------------------------------

Thanks for the help,

Vijay Aalati
Software Engineer

Altair Engineering, Inc.

1820 E. Big Beaver Rd.,

Troy, MI, USA - 48083

E-Mail: vijaya@altair.com
Phone: 248.614.2400 Ext: 348
Fax:     248.614.2411

RE: Jetspeed doesn't install on SQL Server 2005

Posted by Andrew F Hall <af...@circleup.com>.
Ok, I've entered two Jira issues.  I do want to get Jetspeed installed
soon, when do you think a patch for the SQL Server script would be
available?

Andrew Hall

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Hi Andrew,