Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by bdumeny <bd...@cvf.fr> on 2009/08/14 14:42:34 UTC

[T5] Does T5 work with JPA ?

Hi all!

I try to develop a T5 / jpa application!
All junits tests on my DAOS work but when I try to deploy on tomcat I
still have a "No Persistence provider for EntityManager name ..." error
when I call DAOs.
My persistence.xml seams to be at good place...
So my question is : Is it possible that T5 don't work with jpa ?

thx all!

Re: [T5] Does T5 work with JPA ?

Posted by Scot Mcphee <sc...@gmail.com>.
2009/8/15 bdumeny <bd...@cvf.fr>:
> There is no specified scope for jpa dependencies...

And the hibernate.jar is definitely in the generated WAR file?
Otherwise try scope 'compile'. Obviously the javax.persistence jar is.

> If only someone tells me that it's possible...
> I haven't found any example of use t5/jpa

Well, as I said, I've never tried, I'm usually happy to directly use
hibernate rather than bother with JPA. That stack trace has me
stumped. Can you use hibernate directly?

scot

--
let x=x - http://crazymcphee.net/x/
xray dubs - http://autonomous.org/music/

Re: [T5] Does T5 work with JPA ?

Posted by bdumeny <bd...@cvf.fr>.
There is no specified scope for jpa dependencies...

If only someone tells me that it's possible...
I haven't found any example of use t5/jpa

Message :

org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.ComponentEventException
No Persistence provider for EntityManager named MY_APP

Stack trace

        * javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:56)
        * javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:34)
        * fr.bd.pages.Search.onSuccess(Search.java:128)
        * fr.bd.pages.Search.dispatchComponentEvent(Search.java)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.dispatchEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:886)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.triggerContextEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:1059)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.InternalComponentResourcesImpl.triggerContextEvent(InternalComponentResourcesImpl.java:228)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form._$advised$onAction(Form.java:408)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form$onAction$invocation_123194ee67c.invokeAdvisedMethod(Form$onAction$invocation_123194ee67c.java)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.proceed(AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.java:71)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.LoggingAdvice.advise(LoggingAdvice.java:45)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.transform.LogWorker$1.advise(LogWorker.java:54)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.proceed(AbstractComponentMethodInvocation.java:80)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form.onAction(Form.java)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Form.dispatchComponentEvent(Form.java)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.dispatchEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:894)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.triggerContextEvent(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:1059)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentEventRequestHandlerImpl.handle(ComponentEventRequestHandlerImpl.java:68)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ImmediateActionRenderResponseFilter.handle(ImmediateActionRenderResponseFilter.java:42)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AjaxFilter.handle(AjaxFilter.java:42)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$44.handle(TapestryModule.java:2105)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentEventDispatcher.dispatch(ComponentEventDispatcher.java:127)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$17.service(TapestryModule.java:1029)
        * fr.bd.services.AppModule$1.service(AppModule.java:105)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.LocalizationFilter.service(LocalizationFilter.java:42)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestErrorFilter.service(RequestErrorFilter.java:26)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$3.service(TapestryModule.java:621)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$2.service(TapestryModule.java:611)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.StaticFilesFilter.service(StaticFilesFilter.java:85)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:93)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:84)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.ConcurrentBarrier.withRead(ConcurrentBarrier.java:83)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter.service(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:106)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$16.service(TapestryModule.java:1007)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.IgnoredPathsFilter.service(IgnoredPathsFilter.java:62)
        * org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter.doFilter(TapestryFilter.java:179)
        * org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
        * org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        * org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        * org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
        * org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        * org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
        * org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
        * org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
        * org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875)
        * org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
        * org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
        * org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
        * org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
        * java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Thx Scot

Re: [T5] Does T5 work with JPA ?

Posted by Scot Mcphee <sc...@gmail.com>.