Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/27 11:25:25 UTC

javamail update, POP3, and IMAP

I submitted a large patch on Friday that gives us a more complete
MimeMessage/MimeUtil implementation as well as fixing some problems with
other classes.  Included are a lot of additional unit tests.  The JIRA
is here.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=12329419

There's one large todo I've found in the Session class for loading the
various configuration files.  I'm going to try to sort out the details
of what's needed there next.  Once that is done, the spec part of
javamail implementation work should be done, except for the inevitable
bug fixes.

Rajith, the earlier update is made for SMTP included some authentication
classes, which should make it easy to add additional authentication
mechanisms to your POP3 implementation.  Currently, those classes
support LOGIN, PLAIN, DIGEST-MD5, and CRAM-MD5.

Is anybody working on IMAP support?  I was considering possibly taking a
look at that, or maybe adding an NNTP handler.

Rick