Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Shelli Orton <Sh...@sjrb.ca> on 2011/04/15 17:30:01 UTC

ClassCastException (SEIStub/ClientProxy)

Hi,

I'm trying to build a client jar file to access a webservice. I'm including the jar in a servlet/war that makes the client webservice calls. I'm getting the following error:

INFO: 2011 Apr 14 14:57:32,780 MDT [http-thread-pool-8181(4)] ERROR     my.package.ClientServlet - Caught exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SEIStub cannot be cast to org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy
at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.getClient(ClientProxy.java:93)
at my.package.Client.<init>(Client.java:54)
at my.package.ClientServlet.testService(TestServlet.java:118)

I came across this post http://yaytay.wordpress.com/2010/03/06/lsned-29-persuading-jdk-6-to-use-cxf-classes-rather-than-its-own-avoiding-seistub/ which says to fix the problem you need to include cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws as a dependency, which I do. So, that isn't the problem/solution in my case.

My client jar pom has these dependencies:

<properties>
    <cxf.version>2.3.3</cxf.version>
</properties>
<dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
        <artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
        <version>${cxf.version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
        <artifactId>cxf-rt-ws-security</artifactId>
        <version>${cxf.version}</version>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>

The servlet war contains the following in its lib:

asm-3.3.jar
bcprov-jdk15-1.45.jar
commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
cxf-api-2.3.3.jar
cxf-common-schemas-2.3.3.jar
cxf-common-utilities-2.3.3.jar
cxf-rt-bindings-soap-2.3.3.jar
cxf-rt-bindings-xml-2.3.3.jar
cxf-rt-core-2.3.3.jar
cxf-rt-databinding-jaxb-2.3.3.jar
cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws-2.3.3.jar
cxf-rt-frontend-simple-2.3.3.jar
cxf-rt-ws-addr-2.3.3.jar
cxf-rt-ws-security-2.3.3.jar
cxf-tools-common-2.3.3.jar
geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.7.1.jar
jaxb-impl-2.1.13.jar
log4j-1.2.14.jar
neethi-2.0.4.jar
my-client-cxf-1.0.jar
serializer-2.7.1.jar
slf4j-api-1.4.2.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.4.2.jar
stax2-api-3.0.2.jar
woodstox-core-asl-4.0.8.jar
wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar
wss4j-1.5.11.jar
xalan-2.7.1.jar
xml-resolver-1.2.jar
XmlSchema-1.4.7.jar
xmlsec-1.4.4.jar

I've also read some posts that talk about a javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider file, but haven't been able to find any references that detail what it should be named, contain and placed.

Re: ClassCastException (SEIStub/ClientProxy)

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
With it finding com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SEIStub, that means the RI is being
picked up on the classpath prior to CXF.   That isn't even the "built into the
JDK" version.   The cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws thing only would work if it's before
the RI version on the classpath.  You would likely need to figure out where
that is coming from and remove it if you can.

If not, the best option is to switch from using the generated XXXXService
class to using the JaxWsProxyFactoryBean to create the proxy.   Doing that
would bypass the SPI lookup stuff entirely and would make sure CXF is being
used.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

RE: ClassCastException (SEIStub/ClientProxy)

Posted by Shelli Orton <Sh...@sjrb.ca>.
Hi,