Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jim Zimmerman <ji...@jtc.org> on 2006/04/05 19:53:05 UTC

UNSUBSCRIBE

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Prindeville [mailto:philipp_subx@redfish-solutions.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:52 AM
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: Filtering based on the recipients

Philip Prindeville wrote:

>Matt Kettler wrote:
>

>>Matthew.van.Eerde@hbinc.com wrote:

>>>Well, unless you add an Apparently-To header in the MTA prior to
calling SpamAssassin.  MIMEDefang has an $AddApparentlyToForSpamAssassin
variable you can set to 1 in mimedefang-filter for this.

>>>I assume SpamAssassin uses this header?
>>>

>>Yes, but I've never seen an "Apparently-To" implementation that listed
>>all the recipients of a multi-recipient message...
>>
>>All the implementations I've seen add this after the message has been
>>split up and only the current recipient is added, which doesn't help.
We
>>are trying to detect one which has a BCC to another user.
>>

>Exactly.
>
>I'm using Sendmail and Mimedefang 2.56 if that helps any.  Looking at
>spam_assassin_mail() in Mimedefang, I see:
>
>    if ($AddApparentlyToForSpamAssassin and
>        ($#Recipients >= 0)) {
>        push(@sahdrs, "Apparently-To: " .
>             join(", ", @Recipients) . "\n");
>    }
>
>Are you sure the value of @Recipients is fragmented at this point?
>
>-Philip

Oh, never mind.  Hadn't yet caught up with all of the comments.

Regarding using the /etc/mail/access file... yeah, I could do that, but
I can
get much more powerful filtering in mimedefang or spamassassin, so I'm
gradually going through the process of moving all of that functionality
out of sendmail and into either SA or MdF.

-Philip

Re: UNSUBSCRIBE

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
On Wed, April 5, 2006 10:53 am, Jim Zimmerman wrote:
> UNSUBSCRIBE

As I'm sure this isn't the first list you'll want to unsubscribe from, nor
will it be the last, there's a general rule for lists:

You don't send UNSUBSCRIBE commands to the 'list'. There's generally a
specific address to send them to.

In this case, as the headers of every message state:

It's usually the opposite of subscribing. If you subscribe by sending an
e-mail to subscribe@domain.com, you would probably unsubscribe by sending