Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by dobby001 <cs...@yahoo.com> on 2016/10/09 01:04:42 UTC

random udp port being opened

Hello,

On both the client and the server (where broker is started) I am seeing an
udp port being opened.
The port number is random each time. I am not figuring out why this udp port
is being opened or which static code is opening it.
Wondering whether anyone can throw some light on why this udp port is being
opened  and where it is used and
if possible how to disable it. If some plugin is opening it, how to disable
it.
Really appreciate the comments.

I am using broker in embedded mode and the clients to connect to it from
either same system on different systems.
I am using 5.13.1 version of ActiveMQ on Linux Centos systems 7.x.

Code snippet for broker start part, if it helps...
     broker = new SslBrokerService();
     broker.setPersistent(true);
     broker.setBrokerName("dobby");
     broker.setUseJmx(false);
    broker.setPlugins(new BrokerPlugin[] { new IPAuthenticationPlugin(), new
StatisticsBrokerPlugin() });
    broker.setEnableStatistics(true);
    broker.addSslConnector("ssl://10.1.1.10:61617",.....)
	broker.start();

netstat -tulpen |grep 31197  # 31197 is the java pid which starts broker
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:48924           0.0.0.0:*
498        1236777544 31197/java

The client side url is similar, ssl or failover ....
Again, I see a udp port being opened here.

Thanks.
Chandra