Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by co...@costin.dnt.ro on 2000/01/10 19:58:53 UTC

Re: Tomcat authentication

> security.allowedAddresses=127.0.0.1
>
> Can I just take the existing code from JServ and retrofit it in
> Tomcat.
>
> What implications would this have?
> What other parts of Tomcat will this affect?

IMHO you shouldn't rely on Tomcat for that - use a firewall !!
It's just my personal opinion, don't want to argue - it is possible
to fix the code and add this to tomcat, but it's better to wait because
the protocol will change for sure ( bidirectional communication,etc),
and it would be nice to have something that is reusable.

Costin