Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2016/09/01 06:36:55 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1758700 - in /ofbiz/trunk: applications/accounting/ applications/accounting/lib/ applications/datamodel/ applications/manufacturing/ specialpurpose/assetmaint/ specialpurpose/birt/ specialpurpose/ecommerce/ specialpurpose/lucene/ specialpu...

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 6:53 AM, <jl...@apache.org> wrote:

> Legal statements are not required in readme files, as per consensus in dev
> mail thread with title 'Shorter ASL2 header in short files'. The mail
> thread started here: http://ofbiz.markmail.org/message/pc5bzrsiupef7xjt

Consensus? I was actually the only one to reply to your proposal and I
wrote:

"In my opinion we should include the full header, that is important
to comply with the ASF licenses policies, unless there is a strong reason
for not doing so.
[...]
By the way, my preference is, inline with what is mentioned in that
document, to "err on having a source header and contact legal-discuss@ if
unsure."

Jacopo

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
So we don't apply a lazy consensus here and we need a vote? Why not follow the advice in this page?

Note that I have no strong opinion on putting the ASL2 header or not, I want things to be consistent

Jacques

Le 01/09/2016 � 10:48, Jacopo Cappellato a �crit :

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.