Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Milan Andric <ma...@eecs.berkeley.edu> on 2004/07/07 20:18:33 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] new apache install

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 06:53:36PM -0400, Mark wrote:
> I don't have my notebook with me with all my previous apache installs and
> can't recall the configure options I used.
> I am building a new machine with freebsd 4.10 and apache 2..0.50
>
> I was hoping to "cheat" and get some of the configure options for a small
> simple webserver with php, mysql (I plan on installing with linux threads -
> last server just ran too slow and was told that it was due to freebsd
> threading).
>
> any insights appreciated.

If you're just running a small simple webserver then threads probably aren't
necessary. I have a typical setup, freebsd 4.9, apache2.0.49, mysql4.0.20 and
php4.3.7 on a 5 yr old PIII box that i use as my desktop *and* development
webserver. Also using the ports collection with default configs, setup was
painless and quick and performance is not an issue.  But it all depends on the
application.

hope this helps,

--
Milan