Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Frank Zhou <fc...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/13 08:20:15 UTC

transport support

Hi all,

I am new to AXIS and web service in general. I have a
few basic questions:

Does AXIS support protocls other than SOAP? For
example,raw XML and MIME.

Does AXIS support transport other than HTTP? For
example, SMTP, TCP and JMS.

We have built a web service based on SOAP/HTTP, but
looking to support other protocols/Transports. If
there are some examples or documents/apis, that would
be great!

Thanks much.
Frank

Re: transport support

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/

Frank Zhou wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to AXIS and web service in general. I have a
> few basic questions:
>
> Does AXIS support protocls other than SOAP? For
> example,raw XML and MIME.

Programming Model

    * Improved, XML-centric client API including full WSDL and policy
support
    * Support for any message exchange pattern
    * Synchronous and asynchronous calls
    * Archived service deployment model
    * Archived module deployment model supporting controlled
extensibility with versioning support
    * Hot deployment
    * WS-Policy driven code generation extensions
    * Flexible service lifecyle model
    * Support for querying service's WSDL (using ?wsdl), schema (using
?xsd) and policies (using ?policy)

> Does AXIS support transport other than HTTP? For
> example, SMTP, TCP and JMS.

Transports

    * HTTP
    * SMTP
    * JMS
    * TCP

> We have built a web service based on SOAP/HTTP, but
> looking to support other protocols/Transports. If
> there are some examples or documents/apis, that would
> be great!

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/userguide.html

The examples are included into the bin distribution
http://people.apache.org/dist/axis2/nightly/

> Thanks much.
> Frank

Michele