Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Felix Dorner <FD...@zed.com> on 2009/04/08 10:52:32 UTC

Read a file line by line and do something for each line

Hey,

I'm trying to figure out a way how to read a text file line by line.
Then for each read line I'd like to invoke a macro with that line's contents as an argument. I can't find a better whay than using ant-contribs math+var tasks to count the number of lines read so far. With that I can use <headfilter> to just read the next line. Any other possibilities?

Thanks,
Felix

RE: Read a file line by line and do something for each line

Posted by Felix Dorner <FD...@zed.com>.

Hey Jan,
> <loadfile property="src" srcFile="..."/> <ac:for param="line"
> list="${src}" delimiter="${line.separator}">
>   <sequential>
>     <mymacro line="@{line}"/>
>   </sequential>
> </ac:for>

Yes this works too, apart from my natural dislikes against for. :-)
I'll include a <fixcrlf> filter and meditate into happiness..:

Thanks,
Felix

AW: Read a file line by line and do something for each line

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
>I'm trying to figure out a way how to read a text file line by line.
>Then for each read line I'd like to invoke a macro with that
>line's contents as an argument. I can't find a better whay
>than using ant-contribs math+var tasks to count the number of
>lines read so far. With that I can use <headfilter> to just
>read the next line. Any other possibilities?

not tested

<loadfile property="src" srcFile="..."/>
<ac:for param="line" list="${src}" delimiter="${line.separator}">
  <sequential>
    <mymacro line="@{line}"/>
  </sequential>
</ac:for>