Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by mchmiel <mc...@tlen.pl> on 2007/08/20 13:35:51 UTC

I wonder if there is a way to provide for webservice a similar to
servlet init() method. I would like to load a file allong with the
initialization of webservis.
Now i do that by using an external servlet and register it in servlet
context but i am affraid that this solution will not be efficient for
fast object reference.
I must point that I need acces to the object as fast as possible, and
most of all the referenced object will be synchronized.

I have also thought of ensuring the heap memory size for the large
resource inside the Axis2 message context?
Is there any known restriction.

Regards,
Mariusz

Re: Loading webservis initialization data

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi mchmiel ,
You can easily do that with Axis2 by implementing the interface called
"ServiceLifeCycle" and you can specify that as describe in [1]

[1] : http://wso2.org/library/2060

Thanks
Deepal
> I wonder if there is a way to provide for webservice a similar to
> servlet init() method. I would like to load a file allong with the
> initialization of webservis.
> Now i do that by using an external servlet and register it in servlet
> context but i am affraid that this solution will not be efficient for
> fast object reference.
> I must point that I need acces to the object as fast as possible, and
> most of all the referenced object will be synchronized.
>
> I have also thought of ensuring the heap memory size for the large
> resource inside the Axis2 message context?
> Is there any known restriction.
>
> Regards,
> Mariusz

Deepal