Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/03 22:00:29 UTC

Jenkins is failing while trying to deploy wink

We are having issues with the Jenkins build [1] while trying to deploy
wink to maven repo, it seems that this can be easily reproducible by
executing the following steps :

rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/wink
mvn clean install -PCIBuild

This seems to be related to the aggregatejar dependency, which seems
to only be built and installed from the local repo if you run a build
on that project, otherwise, below is the error reported by maven where
it can't find the dependency.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.wink:wink-assembly-aggregatejar:jar:aggregatejar:1.1.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.wink
-DartifactId=wink-assembly-aggregatejar
-Dversion=1.1.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=aggregatejar
-Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.wink
-DartifactId=wink-assembly-aggregatejar
-Dversion=1.1.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=aggregatejar
-Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
  	1) org.apache.wink:wink-assembly-aggregatejar-osgi:bundle:1.1.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT
  	2) org.apache.wink:wink-assembly-aggregatejar:jar:aggregatejar:1.1.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.wink:wink-assembly-aggregatejar-osgi:bundle:1.1.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

I have played with it for a little, but can't seem to find what's
causing the issue...

Any ideas ?

[1] https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Wink-Trunk-JDK1.5-Deploy/

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Jenkins is failing while trying to deploy wink

Posted by Bryant Luk <br...@gmail.com>.
Cool. Glad it worked. The snapshots seem to be deploying okay now.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bryant Luk <br...@gmail.com>.