Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Kirk <to...@web-startup.co.uk> on 2004/11/11 17:57:55 UTC

DbcpDataSourceFactory ClassNotFoundException

My webapp has a working JDBC DataSource configured in META-INF/context.xml.

The JNDI how-to mentions that the default factory for TC-managed JDBC
DataSources (i.e. those configured as a <Resource> in the config files) is
org.apache.naming.factory.DbcpDataSourceFactory, but if I configure that as
my factory param for my DataSource, I get a ClassNotFoundException, so I
looked in my common, shared and server folders but couldn't find it in any
of the classes folders or the jars...?

If I eliminate the factory param altogether, the app works fine.