Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/01/26 09:40:52 UTC

Modification to Axis2/C specifications

Hi list,

I believe we need to modify existing documentation of Axis2/C, with
respect to  "Transport Abstraction". We are in the process of adding REST
support which is in fact HTTP Specific. Thus, it should now read
"Transport Abstraction for SOAP" or something similar. Integrating REST
support will introduce HTTP Transport Dependencies to the engine as well
as to the service description. It  also has been observed that the
clientapi which has partial support for REST already has a dependency on
HTTP with respect to REST invocations. But, however, after fixing [1], our
other Transports will not depend on HTTP as they do not support REST.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-618

Regards,
Senaka