Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com> on 2006/10/25 05:34:17 UTC

Jira-email problem?

I'm not seeing any email from Jira, and haven't since Saturday, I think.

Is it just me with this problem?

Is this related to the big infrastructure move that happened over the weekend?

thanks,

bryan

Re: Jira-email problem?

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 10/24/06, Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com> wrote:
> I'm not seeing any email from Jira, and haven't since Saturday, I think.
>
> Is it just me with this problem?
>
> Is this related to the big infrastructure move that happened over the weekend?

Hi Bryan,

I filed a JIRA issue with INFRA for this:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1004

andrew

Re: Jira-email problem?

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> The current topic on
> #asfinfra is "ETA for mino: morning PDT 10/25", so hopes are high.
> ("mino" == minotaur, which is the machine that died yesterday.)

updated #asfinfra topic =
"minotaur has complete /home and /www rsyncs, ports are rebuilding, ETA:
tonight"

That'd be tonight PDT.

-jean

Re: Jira-email problem?

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
>  Do you have time to work this issue through infra?

Yes, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the good pointers!

bryan

Re: Jira-email problem?

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>> So ... some things are disrupted and I'm assuming the Jira email is part
>> of the people.a.o outage.
>

> Thanks Jean!
>
> I do notice a couple things that concern me:
>
> 1) I'm subscribed to a couple other apache.org developers lists for
> other projects, and at least one of those projects uses Jira and
> that project is getting email from Jira sent to its developer list
> without any apparent problems. So whatever is wrong it doesn't seem
> to affect *every* project using Jira.
>
> 2) I see that the "issues with available patches" daily mail from
> Jira is coming through just fine to derby-dev.
>
> 3) Automated commit mail is coming through just fine, although I
> imagine that comes from a completely different mechanism than Jira mail.
>
> So, I guess I'm a little concerned that there is a derby-specific
> problem with Jira email.

yeah, this is weird. Brian, Do you have time to work this issue through
infra?  As a committer you can subscribe to infrastructure@apache.org
and you can also /join #asfinfra on freenode.net. The current topic on
#asfinfra is "ETA for mino: morning PDT 10/25", so hopes are high.
("mino" == minotaur, which is the machine that died yesterday.)

I'd suggest waiting, however, until the new mino is up, the #asfinfra
topic and http://monitoring.apache.org/status/ reflects that happy
state, and the mail queue has cleared of apache.org posts.

 -jean

Re: Jira-email problem?

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.

Re: Jira-email problem?

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> I'm not seeing any email from Jira, and haven't since Saturday, I think.
>
> Is it just me with this problem?
>
> Is this related to the big infrastructure move that happened over the
> weekend?

The machine that hosts people.apache.org died today and they're
reinstalling on a replacement, which will hopefully be up tomorrow.