Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2014/10/28 22:28:22 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat Native 1.1.32 released

The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
Tomcat Native 1.1.32 stable.

The key features of this release are:
- Add support for TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2
- Link Windows binaries with OpenSSL 1.0.1i and APR 1.5.1

Please refer to the change log for the complete list of changes:
http://tomcat.apache.org/native-doc/miscellaneous/changelog.html

Downloads:
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi

The Apache Tomcat Native Library provides portable API for features
not found in contemporary JDK's. It uses Apache Portable Runtime as
operating system abstraction layer and OpenSSL for SSL networking and
allows optimal performance in production environments.

Thank you,
--
The Apache Tomcat Team

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat Native 1.1.32 released

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
> Konstantin,
>
> On 10/28/14 7:33 PM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> A few notes:
>>>
>>> 1. Some mirrors have not yet updated and still say 1.1.31 is the
>>> latest. To download 1.1.32, choose alternative mirrors until you find
>>> one that says 1.1.32.
>>
>> The binaries were published ~5 days ago (r6825). You should be very
>> lucky to find a mirror that does not have them.
>
> Many that I try are still out of date. As of right now:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi?Preferred=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.carfab.com%2Fapachesoftware%2F
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi?Preferred=http%3A%2F%2Fsupergsego.com%2Fapache%2F
>
> More of them were outdated earlier today when I checked.  Not every
> mirror updates every hour...

They must update at least once a day. 1.1.32 will be on every mirror.

What you are seeing is a failure of the ASF's US www server to keep up
with web site updates (that box hosts a number of services and is
saturated in terms of IO hence the delays - infra are working on the
issue). Try tomcat.eu.apache.org and you'll see the right version.

Mark

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Konstantin,

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

> All,
>
> A few notes:
>
> 1. Some mirrors have not yet updated and still say 1.1.31 is the
> latest. To download 1.1.32, choose alternative mirrors until you find
> one that says 1.1.32.

The binaries were published ~5 days ago (r6825). You should be very
lucky to find a mirror that does not have them.

> 2. The Microsoft Windows binaries of Tomcat Native 1.1.32 are
> statically-linked against and include the CLI OpenSSL version 1.0.1j
> instead of 1.0.1i as claimed below. At some point during the
> excitement last week, two separate versions of OpenSSL were released
> in rapid succession, and i and j are next to each other in the
> alphabet and on an English keyboard, plus they look an awful lot alike
> so it's not a surprise that Mark had a typo in his release announcement.

Just a typo in e-mail. The announcement at the web site is OK.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

All,

A few notes:

1. Some mirrors have not yet updated and still say 1.1.31 is the
latest. To download 1.1.32, choose alternative mirrors until you find
one that says 1.1.32.

2. The Microsoft Windows binaries of Tomcat Native 1.1.32 are
statically-linked against and include the CLI OpenSSL version 1.0.1j
instead of 1.0.1i as claimed below. At some point during the
excitement last week, two separate versions of OpenSSL were released
in rapid succession, and i and j are next to each other in the
alphabet and on an English keyboard, plus they look an awful lot alike
so it's not a surprise that Mark had a typo in his release announcement.

For "announcers": I'm not sure I have post-karma for announce@, so
please update the release announcement if my message isn't echoed to
those lists.

Thanks,
- -chris

Posted by Jeffrey Janner <Je...@PolyDyne.com>.
Any guestimate on when 7.0.57 is going to be released?
It is needed to get the TLSv1.1 + TLSv1.2 support that this implements.
With current releases, the only way to get the support is to not specify an sslProtocol, but that still enables SSlv3.
Jeff

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.