Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pollotek <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 23:57:24 UTC

JMX JConsole shows consumers but no producers

I am running ActiveMQ V 5.6.0 broker with the same version on the client. I
start up my V 6.0.29 server which points producers and consumers to the same
broker.

I produce some messages and then look at the stats for this broker on
JConsole. I can see in the broker stats QueueSubscribers (I only use queues)
are the number of consumer threads I started in Tomcat, the number of
messages enqueued and dequeued matches exactly the number of messages I
produced and consumed. The weird thing is that TotalProducerCount,
QueueProducers and TemporaryQueueProducers stats all return empty arrays or
0.

I'm using Spring 3 JmsTemplates to write my consumers, would this be the
cause for me not to see a list of producers getting populated? Are consumers
just being bundled up with the consumers? Or would I be running into a bug
here?

Re: JMX JConsole shows consumers but no producers

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
the jms template uses a generic producer, so it is not associated with
a particular destination.

the code uses producer.send(message, destination, ....) so the
destination is specified for each send.

In jmx, the producer should appear based on its clientId and producer
id, but won't be connected to a destination.

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: JMX JConsole shows consumers but no producers

Posted by pollotek <cl...@gmail.com>.
Nobody knows about this topic?