Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Jesse Ward-Karet <jw...@tanium.com> on 2013/12/17 20:04:02 UTC

secure url for crossdomain.xml file

Sorry if this is an "ask Adobe" or "ask Google" question.

I'm still using Adobe Flex 4.7 for my production product. Our SWFs are
generally served from an https url. If Flash player decides it needs to
load any RSLs, it makes an insecure request to
http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml, which can trigger
browser alerts

I tried hitting https://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml and
that seems to work, so my question is, does anybody know how to force flash
player to use the https url instead of http?

I know I can avoid this problem by static linking my RSLs, which is
absolutely an option, but I'd like to explore both possibilities.

Thanks,
Jesse

RE: secure url for crossdomain.xml file

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
If you're using your own config.xml you can override the settings for them.  The default RSL paths are in the flex-config file [1].  You can copy those "runtime-shared-library-path" blocks to your config.xml and change them to be https:// as needed.

[1] Flex-sdk\frameworks\flex-config.xml

-Mark