Posted to dev@nlpcraft.apache.org by Aaron Radzinski <ar...@datalingvo.com> on 2020/03/02 02:48:25 UTC

migration to ASF git infra

Sergey(s), Dmitriy, Nikita,
This is the first message in our dev list! From now on, all major technical
discussions should be happening here instead of Slack or Skype. We can
still use Slack and Skype for all basic, day-today communications but in
all cases we need to make sure that all important technical decisions are
recorded in the dev list. Remember - dev list exists for *others* to look
and learn about the project and participation in it.

As an inaugural topic, I think we need to discuss when and how we are going
to migrate to ASF git infra. I suspect the whole process can take a week if
not more and therefore we need to plan it accordingly.

I know there are several issues at work by Sergeys and myself (Nikita?). I
suggest we get to a certain stable point and start the migration. I will
lead the migration (it's easier to be done by one person anyways). I also
suggest we DO NOT wait for the release point because I think we are weeks,
if not longer, away from that. We need to migrate quicker.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Thank you,
--
Aaron Radzinski

Re: migration to ASF git infra

Posted by Nikita Ivanov <ni...@gmail.com>.
As far as migration to ASF git infra - I'd do it soon. You can migrate
first and start cleaning up licensing, website, etc. As far as I
understand - everything should be ready and cleaned up by the time 1st ASF
release to come out.

FYI
--
Nikita Ivanov