Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dan sutton <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/22 10:50:47 UTC

Distributed Search question/feedback

Hi,

Does SolrCloud use Distributed search as described
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DistributedSearch or is it different
entirely?

Does SolrCloud suffer from the same limitation as Distributed search
(inefficient to use a high "start" parameter, and presumably high CPU
highlighting all those docs etc among other issues).

Our search mainly comprises of searches with a country, and
occationally across a continent or worldwide, so I'm thinking it's
probably simpler to have a pan index for worldwide and continent
searches, and seperate country indicies (and these placed closer to
each country for example).

Any pointers for those who've been down the distributed path appreciated!

Cheers,
Dan