Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by "Zabel, Ian" <IZ...@cirqit.com> on 2005/08/29 21:14:17 UTC

JCS Lateral cache not shutting down

We have just setup JCS for the first time, and are using the TCP Lateral
Cache with UDP Discovery. We are using Tomcat 5.5.x as our servlet
container.

When we shutdown tomcat, the Lateral cache thread seems to continue running
in its own process, and we have to kill it. This causes a bind exception
when we start the tomcat server up again if we don't kill the process.

It seems that we are experiencing the exact scenario described but Adam
Siefker earlier this month in this message:
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org/1842060.h
tml

We have tried issuing the release() and shutDown() commands on the
CompositCacheManager, but that does not seem to affect the lateral cache
listener.

Aaron Smuts' reponse here
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org/1855692.h
tml seems to indicate that further work might have to be done to fix this
problem.

I've looked at the CVS changelogs on the LateralTCPListener and
UDPDiscoveryReciever classes, and it does seem like any patch was commited.

Is there a solution at this point?

Thanks,
Ian.