Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Mike Morris <mo...@telcordia.com> on 2006/12/13 00:35:02 UTC

Axis2 1.1 : java2wsdl Tool FlattensObjects in Schema

I have just attempted to use the Axis2 java2wsdl tool to generate the
webservice contract.  The tool appears to generate a valid wsdl file,
but it flattens the java objects (includes all the JavaBean fields but
discards the inheritance hierarchy) used in the operation signature.
This was not the case with Axis 1.4, and limits polymorpism.

Is there an option to retain the inheritance hierarchy or is this a
planned feature?  If it is a conscious omission, can somebody please
tell me the reasoning behind the decision?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Axis2 1.1 : java2wsdl Tool FlattensObjects in Schema

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Perhaps you can try with options in the java2wsdl tool (Axis 1.4
version) to generate a doc/lit WSDL and try with it. I guess the
defaults for Axis 1.4 java2wsdl is rpc/encoded ? (not sure though)

Ajith

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: Axis2 1.1 : java2wsdl Tool FlattensObjects in Schema

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
please log a bug with your wsdl.

thanks,
dims