Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by "Devidts, Maurice" <MD...@ftenergy.com> on 2001/09/28 18:18:53 UTC

RollingFileAppender

Hi,

I am new to Log4J and the list and I created a variant to the
RollingFileAppender which GZIPs (GZIPOutputStream) the log prior to rolling
it over. The modification also rolls properly if previously rolled files are
uncompressed for viewing.  I was interested in contributing, but not sure
how to make submissions.  (this was done off of 1.1.3) any feedback is
welcome as I am not that great with Java yet..  specially streams.

I was also interested in further enhancing the rollingAppender down the
lines recently suggested here by using a timestamp instead of sequence
numbers.

Thanks,

Maurice De Vidts

 <<RollingGZIPFileAppender.java>>  <<RollingGZIPFileAppenderBeanInfo.java>>

Re: RollingFileAppender

Posted by David Owens <do...@synxis.com>.
Hey there,

I have a version with a time stamp which can roll at any interval, and
any time.  It also
takes care of two rolling appenders writing to the same file.  If your
interested in combining
them let me know and I'll send you the source.

dowens@synxis.com