Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gomathi <go...@koensoft.com> on 2006/08/21 06:45:47 UTC

struts1.0 and 1.1 and 1.2 and 1.3

hai
what is the difference between struts1.1 and struts 1.2
and diffrence between 1.2 and 1.3

Re: struts1.0 and 1.1 and 1.2 and 1.3

Posted by Simon Chappell <si...@gmail.com>.
On 8/21/06, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

> In practice, most teams "in the field" seem to have standardized on
> 1.1 and haven't budged since.

Yup. That's what we did at my last employer. The hassle of going
through the procedure to get the version updated was more than mortal
man could endure. And anyway, most of the books target 1.1, so it
actually worked fairly well.

Simon

--
www.simonpeter.org

Re: struts1.0 and 1.1 and 1.2 and 1.3

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
If you start with the latest release notes

* http://struts.apache.org/1.x/userGuide/release-notes.html

You can follow the links ("changes since the x.x.x  distribution")
back to 1.0 and review all the changes in detail.

If someone wanted to summarize these on the wiki "upgrading" page,
that would be great.

* http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpgrade

In practice, most teams "in the field" seem to have standardized on
1.1 and haven't budged since.

-Ted.