Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2009/04/07 14:16:59 UTC

torque-gen build fails in Gump due to changes in commons-lang

Dear Torque developers,

currently the torque-gen build in Gump fails because commons-lang's
trunk has been moved to require Java5 and has now dropped support for
things that have become redundant, most notably NestableException and
the enum package.

torque-gen uses NestableException and the enum package and thus fails
now.

The question is whether you want to adapt to commons-lang changes
(there may be good reasons not to) or not.  If you want to stick with
commons-lang 2.x, all that we'd need to do is to change the dependency
on commons-lang into one on commons-lang-2.x in your Gump descriptor
(which is here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/db-torque-gen.xml)
which every ASF committer can change.  Or you tell us to change it.

Cheers

        Stefan

who is not subscribed to the dev list but hopes to get moderated in.

CC: Apache Torque Developers List

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-04-13, Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> wrote:

> We are currently in the process of changing the structure of our
> project in SVN.

Good luck.

> I will try to change the references in the Gump files to point to
> the actual trunk. BTW, we will switch to Maven-2 as the main build
> system. Is there something we need to take care of with respect to
> Gump?

Maven2 support is pretty solid by now, the only major problem we
haven't managed to solve is that of artifact names.  You (or anybody
who sees the build failure and wants to fix it) will have to modify
the jar names whenever you change the version since we haven't found
any way to tell mvn to use a fixed name of our choice from the CLI.

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: torque-gen build fails in Gump due to changes in commons-lang

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefan,

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> The question is whether you want to adapt to commons-lang changes
> (there may be good reasons not to) or not.  If you want to stick with
> commons-lang 2.x, all that we'd need to do is to change the dependency
> on commons-lang into one on commons-lang-2.x in your Gump descriptor
> (which is here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/db-torque-gen.xml)
> which every ASF committer can change.  Or you tell us to change it.

Thank you for your support. We are currently in the process of changing
the structure of our project in SVN. I will try to change the references
in the Gump files to point to the actual trunk. BTW, we will switch to
Maven-2 as the main build system. Is there something we need to take
care of with respect to Gump?

Bye, Thomas.

Re: torque-gen build fails in Gump due to changes in commons-lang

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefan,