Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/29 23:49:11 UTC

T5: built-in numeric validator

For numeric fields, Tapestry validates correctly non-numeric input.
However, input such as:

1k
1\
etc..

passes the validation.

Am I missing something?

Adam

Re: T5: built-in numeric validator

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.
> I'm wondering what lead you to believe it would be automatically

Because if I define a TextField bound to numeric property without any
validation of my own whatsoever, Tapestry will validate non-numeric
input for me.

Adam

Posted by Chris Norris <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Norris <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Norris <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Norris <th...@gmail.com>.
The Tapestry NumericValidator seems to rely on whether
Double.valueOf(String) will throw an exception, which it does for
'1k'.

How are you configuring and using your validator?

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is server side. Looks like if input starts with a digit, Tapestry is happy :)
>
> Adam
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Seems like a bug to me!  Surprising, though. Is this server-side or
>> client-side validation?
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> For numeric fields, Tapestry validates correctly non-numeric input.
>>> However, input such as:
>>>
>>> 1k
>>> 1\

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Seems like a bug to me!  Surprising, though. Is this server-side or
client-side validation?

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For numeric fields, Tapestry validates correctly non-numeric input.
> However, input such as:
>
> 1k
> 1\
> etc..