Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org> on 2023/01/03 19:00:01 UTC

Re: Gradle

Very cool! Thank you!

On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 1:33 AM Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The ASF Infrastructure Team along with Gradle Inc have created an instance
> of Gradle Enterprise at ge.apache.org. It is ready to be used, but so far
> we have not used it other than for testing.
>
> We would like for Beam to be among the first to try out the new service.
>
> Step 1 would be for us to enable 'build scans' - we can do this in one of
> two ways, enable it on the ci-beam.apache.org controller in such a way
> that all builds on all agents attached to that controller will produce
> build scans and send the results off to ge.apache.org. Or, we can show
> you how to enable them on a per build basis - let me know what you think
> and which you prefer.

Currently our builds all do send build scans using their free tier. I do
not actually see where this is configured in our jobs, so perhaps it is
default in the jenkins job DSL gradle plugin, or already configured on the
master? We are also moving more and more builds to GitHub Actions, FWIW.

Kenn

Re: Gradle

Posted by Pablo Estrada via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
The build scan configuration is here:
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/settings.gradle.kts#L25-L44 - we
already upload for all CI builds.

IIUC, all we would need to do is change the server to the node provided by
Infra (
https://docs.gradle.com/enterprise/gradle-plugin/#connecting_to_gradle_enterprise
)

+gmcdonald@apache.org <gm...@apache.org> Gavin, I believe this means
that step 1 is done, and we can move on to step 2?

Thanks!
-P.